As a big data engineer, you will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
- Create and maintain an optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS - big data- technologies
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centres and AWS regions
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
Skills & Competencies:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- A graduate degree in Computer Science/Statistics/Informatics/Information Systems or any other quantitative field
- Strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Worked with big data tools like Hadoop, Scala, Spark or Kafka
- Experience with AWS cloud services like EC2, EMR, RDS and Redshift
- Experience with stream processing systems like Storm and Spark Streaming
What we offer in return...
- A continuous learning environment that will nurture you to become a great leader
- One of the most challenging and diverse work environments where “learning” is a way of life
- Top notch peer group which will force you to expand your envelope of capabilities
- An open culture where counterpoints are encouraged, and the emphasis is on collaborative learning
- Guarantee that you will enjoy every work day while being a part of a select group