The candidate for this position will be an entrepreneurial and experienced, who has a track record of sales of technology services in the publishing and educational technology services. The executive will preferably have relevant prior experience with a technology services company selling into EdTech market, education publishers and/or higher Ed institutions.
- Primary responsibility to bring leads, and generate revenue
- Sales, cold calling, presentations, email campaigns
- Networking at events or technology groups
- Build proposals and work with solution team to respond to RFPs and RFQs
- Presenting proposals and solutions to customer stakeholders
- Implement account-based sales strategy and programs for various market sectors within Education industry
- Lead sales effort for technology services and solutions
- Hunting new accounts, farming them & mining existing accounts
- Work collaboratively with onsite and offshore solution teams to create a customer-centric solution
- Build partnerships with Edtech platform companies for building solutions that meet the needs of the end-customer
- Bachelor's degree (ideally an MBA)
- Numbers oriented with demonstrated entrepreneurial and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with prospective and existing customers
- Possess excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work semi-autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Thorough understanding of the Education Publishing & EDTech Business – especially in Digital Learning Platforms, Technology and ecosystem.
- Functional Knowledge of digital content publishing workflow, content delivery platforms and digital technologies
- Experience in selling services and solutions, making proposals, presentations and negotiations.
- Rolodex, past experience of generating leads/sales in EdTech, Publishing, K12, HigherEd Markets
- Experience in selling digital technology services like analytics and cloud