Application architect will be responsible for design and development of application development initiatives for all products within DCS organization. You will collaborate with dev managers and application development professionals and help to build products across risk, marketing, verification and data insights. These products are built over data factory, a horizontal petabyte scale big data lake, purposing logic for real time and batch uses cases with micro services and batch architecture. You will partner with product managers across product lines and work with your peers in architecture, big data engineering, and devOps groups to build a scalable and customer first product organization.
- Leader in application architecture and design areas, and a good team player.
- Ability to work with application developers, mentor and produce high quality engineering output across multiple product lines.
- Responsible to design, architecture and build products across credit risk, marketing, verification and data insight products across multiple BU transactional data leveraging SaaS and micro services architecture
- Thought leader in building applications leveraging data lake architecture to serve real time and batch products
- Expertise in designing products leveraging NoSQL, Springboot, Docker, Kubernetes architecture and leveraging Java, park, Kafka and MPP systems
- Expertise in cloud architecture across compute, network and storage to deliver high quality products
- Expertise in leading a team and have knowledge of the evolution of architectures from 3-tier to Data warehousing to big data low latency and high throughput distributed architectures and ability to articulate and influence appropriate architecture with the dev managers and team members
- Participate in prioritization discussions working with product managers in an agile manner.
- Ability to lead multiple product initiatives in parallel by considering inter-dependency, interlock between teams and applications and removing road-blocks.
- Keep track of new products and technologies in the industry and compare tools and technologies and provide recommendations for technical roadmap.
- Design with security in mind (authentication, authorization, encryption, digital signature), SSL, web service proxies, firewalls, multi-protocol gateways.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, or training or work experience.
- Minimum 10 years of IT experience
- 7+ years of application architecture experience with direct accountability to architect and design data applications
- Well versed in SDLC, DevOps, and continuous delivery/continuous deployment within a large-scale organization desired.
- Ability to conduct POC / POT with a strong foundational development experience in Java, Spark, Springboot, NoSQL, Kafka, RDBMS, GIT, JIRA, Maven, Confluence, on Agile methodology
- Expertise in implementing complex full stack solutions including big data marts, and micro-services in large Enterprise organizations.
- Experience in implementing high volume transactions processing applications.
- Hands on experience leveraging object-oriented design patterns, domain driven design principals, test driven development and enterprise architecture frameworks.
- Ability to ensure quality through automation end to end, create operational framework with tools necessary to instrument and monitor production systems for support.
- 10+ years of previous software Engineering experience in a Credit and Financial industry
- Experience developing API for large enterprise organization is a plus.
- Experience with credit and financial industry with exposure to security is a plus
- Payment Industry Experience a plus