Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations
get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the
way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset
and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with
agile engineering and problem-solving creativity.
as clients across industries are moving from digitally extending their
businesses to placing digital at the core, Publicis Sapient has an
unprecedented opportunity to help them succeed.
As a Director of Technology:
- Your techno-functional leadership skills coupled with the ability to lead the design, planning and implementation of cloud/big data solutions, you will be passionate about the change we are making as disruptors and contributors of this ever - changing digital landscape.
- You will translate the client’s business requirements into solution design, leveraging your experience in establishing high and mid-level project plans and leading risk and estimation efforts.
- You will manage the engineering teams’ quality of delivery, mentor team, manage technical risk, and face-off against client IT leadership in defining solution roadmap, convert business capabilities into digital reality.
- Supporting business development and proposal work will come naturally to you; and this combined with your ability to verify technical feasibility and validation solution options for requirements, you will create a direct impact with us!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proven ability to lead technical track of 10+ software engineers
- 15 + years’ experience in systems integration, custom development, and package implementation (commercial / open-source)
- Proven background as an engineering leader in delivering complex Solution design, Track record of delivering large programs, obtain approval from Enterprise Architecture stakeholders, conform to industry standards for security and compliance in Financial Services
- Strong background in application development using service oriented architecture and 12-factor methodology of building cloud-native platforms in AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Hands-on Programming experience in Java or Python languages, to help teams navigate delivery challenges as required and provide succinct approaches/root cause analysis to clients.
- Ability to distill, complex problems into methodologies such as, Domain Driven Design, Microservices, Data pipelines, Messaging, Eventing, Async Processing.
- Techno-functional consulting experience in large financial services organizations to participate, facilitate, and develop long running engineering transformation roadmap(s)
- Experience delivering enterprise scale operationally risk sensitive platforms for resiliency, availability, and scalability
- Experience with current software best practices, including continuous integration / continuous deployment, design / architectural patterns, well-architected framework, agile methodologies, and the DevOps mindset
- Understanding of modern frontend development languages and frameworks such React or Angular, and work with Front-end engineers and architects to develop fit-for-purpose experiences
- Excellent communication, technical presentation, and architecture and roadmap facilitation skills
- Experience in delivering to agreed fixed price engagements within budget and timelines.
Nice to have:
- 3+ years delivering and supporting distributed applications, cloud hybrid/native data analytics platforms and tools
- Relevant advanced cloud certifications as architect or developer in AWS or Azure or any other major CSP
Flexibility and mobility is required to deliver this role as there may be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients to enable delivery of the first class services we pride ourselves in.