As the Manager of Software Engineering, you will serve as a key contributor and leader in the space of technological innovation for Finance and Property/Procurement teams. As Manager, you will combine your technical expertise and strong leadership skills to spearhead a results-driven engineering operation. The dynamic workload will encompass both attribute enhancements and cutting-edge innovations.
- Developing, managing and retaining a team of highly-inquisitive technologists, offering them both mentoring and coaching.
- Collaborating with architects, product managers and other technical or non-technical stakeholders to define design approaches that are aligned with the customer-centric product vision.
- Building and continuously improving a process infrastructure of tools and guidelines for software development and enhancement projects.
- Ensuring the best engineering and documentation practices are understood and followed.
- Coordinating with peers within the organization to ensure seamless integration of functional workflows.
- Ensuring successful incremental product releases while driving to deadlines and optimizing investments. Assuring quality through efficient management of team and resources.
- Evaluating and limiting risk and vulnerabilities during the software development process by consistently employing industry best-practices.
- 10+ years of hands-on software development experience with a proven record of successfully developing consumer-facing, reliable and scalable products
- 7+ years of relevant managerial experience, managing teams of technologists and engineers
- Excellent understanding of engineering software processes, methodologies (agile, waterfall, SCRUM and life-cycle), configuration management, release management and systems verification and test
- AWS/AZURE/GCP experience, including managing sensitive assets
- Bash and Linux experience
- Experience with CICD pipeline (CircleCI, Jenkins, or equivalent)
- Strong communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry, developing solutions for consumer banking, portfolio management, trading, compliance or wealth management
- Understanding of banking system and custodial and consumer banking operations
- Comfortable navigating large corporate structure to ensure timely delivery of projects
- Familiarity with Oracle Cloud Integration (OCI)
Education and Certifications
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline
- Preferred: Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
Is this job not quite the right fit? No worries, Meytier has hundreds of active, open jobs. Browse more opportunities here. If you’d like to connect with a Meytier champion for help in your job search, create an account here.