Citizens’ Enterprise Data & Analytics (ED&A) organization is seeking a Data Scientist to work cross-functionally to design, develop, and deploy analytic data products that directly help the bank provide value-added service to our customers.
- Partner with business stakeholders committed to leveraging the power of advanced analytics to improve processes & outcomes
- Integrate expertise in data, statistics, and technology with a curiosity for learning the business and a passion for solving problems
- Prepare and analyze data to test hypotheses regarding actions the business can take to lead to improved business outcomes
- Assist with efforts to build and deploy statistical and machine learning models and build processes to evaluate and optimize model performance over time
- Communicate analytical insights as a clear and approachable story, reducing complexity as appropriate for different audiences
- Maintain a mindset aligned to Citizens’ commitment to an Agile operating model and to managing data as a product.
- Master’s degree in statistics, economics, analytics, data science, or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in preparing raw data for analysis and extracting useful information by applying advanced technical and statistical programming techniques
- Proficient in Python and SQL
- A solid understanding of statistical and machine learning methods and algorithms
- A strong sense of intellectual curiosity and ability to thrive and deliver value in an entrepreneurial working environment; flexibility to take on new roles and responsibilities as initiatives evolve
- Ability to work in a high-performance professional environment, with quick turn-around and evolving priorities
- Commitment to intellectual rigor and observance of compliance and data privacy controls
- A disciplined approach to making decisions and setting expectations
- Experience working with large datasets (greater than 1 million records) and applying techniques to efficiently manage big data
- Experience working with technical collaboration tools such as Git and Jira (preferred)
- Experience working with financial or demographic datasets (preferred)
Is this job not quite the right fit? No worries, Meytier has hundreds of active, open jobs. Browse more opportunities here. If you’d like to connect with a Meytier champion for help in your job search, create an account here.