Application Database Administrator will define/manage/performance tune our existing/next-generation SQL databases/database queries/processes and consolidate multiple stand-alone systems, scalable database system able to meet high performance/thru-put/quality standards. This individual works closely with application developers to ensure that all technology initiatives are implemented within the existing framework.
- Identify technical opportunities and risks to improve the overall quality and resiliency of applications in partnership with other development / Systems leaders
- Evaluating key technologies and driving thoughtful implementations.
- Establish and operationalize process to support the adoption and governance of standard tools and technologies
- Assist product and technology leadership in making tradeoff decisions on design approaches and technology selections
- Ensure technology requirement and challenges are resolved in a consistent and timely manner
- Works closely with other business and systems partners to understand and anticipate efficient and cost-effective technologies for business problems
- Provides leadership and guidance for database architecture design and development of high-performance messaging, transaction/batch processing products and/or services by defining and developing database architectures, detailed designs specifications, development, implementations and successful delivery of the solution.
- Works with developers, product managers, and customer application experts to define solutions, products, and modules with required features and functionality.
- Provides architectural guidance and leadership on best practices regarding software/database development, integrations and tools and technologies.
- Works with the business and systems team to identify the right architecture for implementing new solutions, products, and modules.
- Develops technology blueprints for solutions, products, and services.
- Design and develop Proof of Concepts (POCs) to validate the suitability and viability of new technologies and solutions from both functional and technical perspectives.
- At times will be hands-on development on more complex deliverables.
- Participates and/or monitors different technology industry standards groups to maintain strategic relations and represent BBH interests.
- Supports development and governance of technology and architecture best practices and the solutions for adoptions.
- Researches evaluate new technologies/tools and software products to determine the feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities in line with the technology strategy of the organization.
- Protectively researches, evaluates, tests emerging technologies and tools and presents/documents essential steps to integrate them into solutions/applications.
- Supports the systems and business teams for estimates, analysis, design, development, performance, scalability and benchmark test guidance and providing subject matter expertise in technology and design.
- Responsible for measuring and improving the systems - business cross-team relationships
- Working with the business to ensure that systems response to the business requirements
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- 10+ years of design and development of high-performance messaging and transaction processing systems preferably in the financial or professional services firms
- Strong Microsoft SWL database administration skills
- 10+ years of implementing database solutions
- 10+ years of OLTP and data warehousing experience with mid and large size databases.
- 10+ years of experience with excellent Strong Performance Tuning skills to Troubleshoot and coming up with actionable resolutions.
- Ability to collaborate with business and technology teams to create practical, robust and scalable architectures and solutions meeting the business and technology goals/strategy of the organization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Technical leadership and mentoring skills to guide and act as SME.
- Ability to conduct code reviews and work with build and automation tools.
- Ability to research and present results and recommendations.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Keen to learn new technology with enthusiasm and critical thinking
- Experience on Azure SQL and cloud experience is a plus
Education level and/or relevant experience(s)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering and/or Computer Science or related work experience required, Masters Preferred.