Cohere Health is simplifying healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience. Our focus is to enable an efficient, transparent patient journey where patient goals are central to decision-making.
We are a mission-driven and fast-growing company obsessed with eliminating the wasteful friction patients and doctors experience, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build products and services that ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
In this role, you’ll join our growing team of world-class engineers, statisticians, and clinical experts to deploy machine learning algorithms that help automate burdensome administrative clinical practices. You will be tasked with finding the most promising opportunities for impact and then delivering on them.
- Find the signal in incoherent clinical data by doing the following:
- Analyze, manipulate, or process large sets of data using statistical software.
- Apply feature selection algorithms to models predicting outcomes of interest in our data.
- Build reliable and scalable production machine learning systems
- Clean and manipulate raw data using statistical software.
- Work on feature engineering, statistical analysis, developing novel ML techniques, understanding classifier performance, and ensuring fit-for-purpose.
- Create graphs, charts, or other visualizations to convey the results of data analysis
- Deliver presentations of the results of mathematical modeling and data analysis to management and cross functionally.
- Identify business problems or management objectives that can be addressed through data analysis.
- Identify relationships and trends or any factors that could affect the results of research.
- Work cross-functionally across diverse stakeholders, including product managers, statisticians, EHR data specialists and physicians.
- You have at 3 years experience in applied ML in the industry with a degree or higher (MS/PhD) in computer science, machine learning, mathematics or similar field
- Clear understanding of model building, model maintenance and the measures that optimize models for product use
- Understand experimental design and can independently perform collection, measurement, and interpretation of results
- Expert in R, SQL,Python or other common analytical data tools
- Expert in linear regression and classification approaches
- Would be a bonus:
- Have experience with healthcare data such as claims and EMR data
- Have hands on experience building NLP models using Spacy from clinical narratives
- Experience with TensorFlow is also a plus.