Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are committed to eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
In this role, you’ll join our growing team of world-class engineers, statisticians, and clinical experts to deploy machine learning algorithms that help automate burdensome administrative clinical practices. You will be tasked with finding the most promising opportunities for impact and then delivering on them.
Our ML team’s work is focused in the following four areas:
- Information retrieval from unstructured clinical text
- Predicting clinical findings from structured and unstructured data sources
- Building intelligent algorithms for ordering work queues
- Identifying anomalies, such as behavior change and gaming, in user behavior
- Find the signal in clinical data
- Build reliable and scalable production machine learning systems
- Work on feature engineering, statistical analysis, developing novel ML techniques, understanding model performance, and ensuring fitfor-purpose.
- Work cross-functionally across diverse stakeholders, including product managers, statisticians, EHR data specialists and physicians.
- Optimize algorithms, running in real-time, for speed and accuracy.
- 3+ years experience in applied ML in the industry with a degree or higher (MS/PhD) in computer science, machine learning, mathematics or similar field
- Clear understanding of model building, model maintenance and the measures that optimize models for product use
- Understand experimental design and can independently perform collection, measurement, and interpretation of results
- Expert in Python or other common analytical data tools
- Experienced in various regression and classification approaches
- Hands on experience building NLP models, using a variety of techniques
Bonus points for:
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with healthcare data such as claims and EMR data
- Experience with OCR
- Experience with graph databases or network analysis
- Experience building ranking or recommender systems
- Hands on experience using AWS tools such as SageMaker Studio and Neptune
- Experience with TensorFlow is also a plus