Cohere is looking for an experienced solutions architect to join our growth team as we seek to expand to new payer clients. Reporting to the VP of Payer Solutions, you will be a key member of the growth function, leading the technology scoping process with prospective clients.
You will be charged with quickly developing a deep understanding of how to best integrate Cohere’s market-leading platform into varied payer IT architectures. You will apply this understanding, together with your creative problem-solving and analytical skills, to support the sales function by leading projects to scope the technical integration of the Cohere platform for client.
- Become an expert on technology trends impacting utilization management and related clinical functions within health plans (e.g., interoperability, FHIR, DaVinci, payer enterprise architecture, etc.)
- Partner with engineering leadership to define Cohere’s framework for technical integrations and memorialize in market-facing documentation (e.g., presentations, design documents, etc.)
- Serve as a subject matter expert on sales calls with payer IT executives, capability of leading discussions on best ways to integrate the Cohere platform to the health plan’s technology systems.
- Lead consultative process to design technical integrations with prospective clients.
- Collaborate with client and sales team members to understand prospective customers’ technical needs.
- Serve as connection point between client, sales, and engineering team to define solution integration requirements, identify configuration / customization requests and recommend best technical approach.
- Collaborate with client and analytics team to scope client data extract and reporting needs.
- Prepare technical specs and executive presentations for prospective customers.
- Ensure client buy-in and sign-off of technical / solution design documents.
- Ensure statements of work appropriately reflect technical requirements.
- Partner with integrations and implementation team to translate requirements into project plan.
- Contribute to solutioning function by identifying opportunities to improve our internal processes and deliverables to build a scalable and high impact sales model.
- Bachelor's degree. Graduate degree in relevant technical field preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in similar role for a health-tech company, IT consulting, or health plan
- Understanding of health plan technology systems and workflows
- (e.g., core claims platforms, CM/UM systems, claims data, analytics, etc.)
- Prior experience designing and deploying solutions in complex enterprise technology architectures (e.g., cloud architecture, AWS/Azure & cloud architecture, relational databases, APIs, SOA, etc.)
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical ability.
- Customer-orientated and start-up ready mindset; comfortable with ambiguity
- Highly collaborative and thrive working in cross-functional teams; project management experience a plus.
- Willing to travel up to 40% to prospect meetings.