The Global Risk Management Group at Lazard is responsible for overseeing and reporting on the risks and exposures of our global portfolios spanning equities, fixed income and alternative strategies.
Risk managers are trusted partners to senior leadership and portfolio managers and are responsible for identifying key risk exposures and performance drivers for both the funds and the firm. We are looking for a seasoned Risk Manager with Convertible Bond experience to join our team.
- Measure, monitor and manage various portfolio-related market risks utilizing current risk systems in place (Bloomberg PORT, Factset, Algorithmics, Axioma) and potentially recommend best in class solutions. Previous experience in these tools is highly preferred
- Conduct risk reporting for internal and external purposes. Must be familiar with VaR analyses, stress tests, risk measures, and look at a variety of other risk factors across all asset classes
- Liaise and communicate between Portfolio Managers and IT Development team to continuously improve systems and tools
- Identify and communicate potential risks to portfolio managers and senior leaders. Recommend, develop and integrate ongoing risk management practices which include but not limited to asset allocation, hedge analysis, factor screening, etc.
- Ability to absorb and digest complex information, analyze risk impact and escalate issues with clarity and confidence to Portfolio Management and Senior Management.
- Hold regular monthly risk meetings with Portfolio Managers as well as present to management committee and board members.
- 5-15 year risk management experience at either buyside asset management/hedge fund or sell side PM, desk risk manager or trader.
- Extensive experience in Fixed income securities including Convertible Bonds (particularly arbitrage strategy), US and Global corporate bonds, Rates, Emerging markets debt, US Mortgage and Muni products, Private debt and structured products. Knowledge of options, derivatives, swaps and portfolio financing a plus.
- Experience in managing risk for long-long equities strategies. Must have experience discussing portfolio construction and capital allocation processes with PMs and Analysts with deep-research capabilities.
- Deep understanding of global markets, risk management techniques and processes including factor models, VaR, Tracking error, stress tests, optimization, correlation analysis etc and ability to look at various factors and distill to actionable decision.
- Ability to program in Excel, SQL and python. Understanding of database structures
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, i.e. Math, Physics, Engineering or Computer Science. M.S., M.B.A. or CFA are preferred.
Compensation Range - $170k-$200k approx.