Ascendum is an innovation focused technology services firm focused on solving business challenges for enterprises, including many Fortune 1000 companies.
- The Developer is responsible for leading the design, development, testing, debugging, maintaining and documenting software components in accordance to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices.
- The Developer has overall responsibility in the technical design process. Leads and participates in the application technical design process and completes estimates and work plans for design, development, implementation, and rollout tasks. The Developer also communicates with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are delivered with the highest of quality and in accordance to standards.
- The Developer strives to continuously improve the software delivery processes and practices. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- The Developer should have at least 3 years of Java-based Spring REST services development, with no less than 2 of those years spent developing data streaming solutions using Apache Spark (Spark – Core, Spark – SQL, Spark – Streaming) to process real time events into and out of a centrally located Enterprise Retail Inventory Balance Datastax Cassandra database of at least 5 TB and a decentralized Store Inventory Balance stored in Informix.
Proficiency required in:
- Programming Languages and Technologies - Java 8 , Python , Shell Scripting , SQL, HTMLSPRING Framework – Spring IOC , Spring MVC, Spring REST, Spring BOOT, Spring JDBC, Apache SPARK – SPARK Core, SPARK SQL and SPARK Streaming, LDAP and Oauth2 Authentication, Junit, Mockito, Log4j.
- Databases - MS SQL Server, Cassandra, Informix.
- Versioning Tools - Bit Bucket, GitHub.
- Build and Deployment Tools - Maven, TeamCity.
- Cloud - PCF, DELL EMC S3, Azure is a plus.
- Messaging Brokers - Kafka, MQTT